What we offer
Osteopathic treatment is designed to correct the mechanical problems that are contributing to your symptoms. The aims of our treatment(s) are to reduce pain & discomfort and improve mobility. This is to help to stimulate the body's own repair and healing processes.
Our treatment approach is patient-centered focusing on your particular individual needs. A range of different treatment approaches and techniques may be used depending on our findings.
Our treatment plan is designed to reduce your pain and discomfort as well as accelerate your recovery. This may include;
* Soft tissue work
* Stretching muscles
* Articulating joints
* Cranial osteopathic treatment .i.e. gentle releases to areas of tensions and stress throughout the body
* Visceral Osteopathy-gentle mobilisations to the organs of the body to support good function
At Kensal Health Works we don't believe that treatment stops when you leave the treatment room. When appropriate we give advice on a rehabilitation program to get you ' back on your feet', and many of our osteopaths also take a Naturopathic approach to our treatments so may, also prescribe some simple, practical self care advice to be carried out at home or in the work place to help prevent recurrence.
This may involve;
* Hydrotherapy (i.e. the therapeutic use of heat and cold)
* Exercise prescription
* Postural & ergonomic advice
* Nutritional & dietary advice
* General lifestyle advice